Winnunga Nimmityjah Health Services means Strong Health
This month we feature a wonderful recipe for Minestrone from Anne-Marie Quinn, the coordinator of Healthy for Life. This beautiful recipe is sure to keep you warm over winter, and won’t break the budget either.
500g bacon, fat removed
1 large brown onion Cooking spray
440g tin tomatoes, low salt variety
1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
1 cup of small pasta shells
4 cups of low salt chicken stock
1 carrot 1 zucchini
440g can of baked beans, low salt variety
1. Dice bacon and onion.
2. Spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Add onion and bacon and cook until onion becomes clear and bacon is crisp.
3. Add tomatoes, Tuscan seasoning, pasta and chicken stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, dice carrot and zucchini.
5. Add carrot to saucepan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Add zucchini and baked beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Serve with crusty multigrain bread rolls.