The objectives of Winnunga are:
- To provide consistent and effective services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the region, including communities on the New South Wales side of the border, where such a service may be required.
- To work with other community organisations and where desirable to form partnerships with other organisations with the aim of promoting better health for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- To advocate the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples ot appropriate organisations, including government organisations.
- To undertake holistic health care services.
- To deliver health care services in ways that are supportive of the living preferences of people.
- To support self-reliance in health care through the provision of appropriate support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- To provide services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples that alleviate the social determinants of poor health without limiting the scope of the services provided.
- To auspice services and organisations that provide services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of the ACT and surrounding region.
- To promote, strengthen and maintain the social and cultural integrity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities by ensuring that all programs operate in culturally appropriate and supportive ways.